FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA cards: TARGETED offers (includes Mailers, eMailers and Matching)
Old Jul 8, 2019, 12:22 pm
RobertHanson

Originally Posted by wyogold
I'm not sure Asian programmers can be blamed for the current state of the website. The removal of SM and forcing chat / phone call is likely a marketing decision to make cancelling etc harder. I don't know why Citicards.com doesn't work half the time, but LOALIA (log off and log in again) usually does the trick for me.

90's tech or not, Citi's IT has been in need of a major overhaul for years, - it seems to me they have a bunch of disparate systems that somehow manage to work together most of the time through the electronic equivalents of duct tape and tiewraps , and that any major changes are too likely to just completely F up this delicate balance to even bother trying. Of course, the longer this remains the case, the bigger the problem gets.
Citi is driving me crazy. On my most current AA card, which I'm still doing min spnd on, the website shows:
YTD activity: @$1,000
Purchases: @$500 X 3 (posted grocery GCc, not counting @$500 pending)
Payments: @$1,000
Amount due: @$1,000

If my total YTD is $1K, and I've paid $1K, nothing should be due. If my total purchases are @$1500, and my payments have totaled $1K, I should have $500 due. How can I have purchased $1500, paid $1K, and have $1K due? Unless they are including the $500 pending charge in the total due, even though pending charges are not supposed to be part of the amount due, because they may still drop off. But if they are including the pending charge, then the $1K due is correct, but the YTD is $2K, not $1K.

Citi has frequently been frustrating, but this is the first time I find them to be rather scary They have my account wrong $500 at one point, and $1K wrong at another. Making it worse, the payments were done with MOs. Yes, I have the receipts, but still, what a mess to prove I'm right and they are wrong, if they don't get it straightened out on their own.