FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Porter Airlines
Thread: Porter Airlines
View Single Post
Old Jul 8, 2019, 7:53 am
Arcanum

Programs: AC, US, AA, UA, BA, QF, DL...
Originally Posted by DCA writer
My rolling luggage meets the size requirements, maybe even the weight requirements for the three-night trip I'm planning out of IAD in late May, but there's no way it fits overhead on a Q400. . . . So will they gate-check the bag for free--meaning I should eat the $22 extra a Standard fare would cost over Basic--or will they not, meaning I should buy a Basic fare and eat the checked-bag fee on that?
Porter offers a skycheck service where you put your bag on a cart as you board the plane and get it back at the bottom of the stairs or on the jetbridge when you land. In my experience, they usually don't weigh bags you're taking on board with you, so if you buy the Standard fare you should be fine. If you try to actually gate-check a bag they will probably charge you.

Originally Posted by DCA writer
It will fit underneath a seat, but then the seat behind had better stay vacant.
I'm not sure what you mean by this. The bag goes under the seat in front of you, so your seat will be occupied.

I do recall one flight a couple of years ago where the woman in front of me kept trying to put her purse under her own seat (i.e. in my foot space). It had to be explained to her that she was supposed to use the space in front of her.