FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Egypt Trip
Thread: Egypt Trip
View Single Post
Old Jul 7, 2019, 5:28 pm
SojournsOf
Was sydakllon

Programs: Virtuoso, Rosewood Elite, FSPP, Bellini, Dorchester, MO Fan Club, Oetker Pearl, etc.
Finally got around to writing about our stay at Sofitel Legend Old Cataract Aswan.

Can see a few pics and read here: https://www.sojournsof.me/home/hotel...cataract-aswan

This is a really great property in terms of hard product and facilities. As I mentioned in a previous post, it is let down by similar service issues we encountered at the two other Sofitel hotels we stayed at in Egypt - F&B and associated service seems to really not be a strong point across Egypt. That said, we really loved this hotel, especially our suite in the palace section. I'm not sure why you would stay here and not opt for a Nile view suite/room in the historic old section of the hotel. We had a fantastic sized room (layout was more junior suite without a separate living area) with a great balcony with a sunbed overlooking the Nile. The pool area was nice to relax in the heat of the day when we weren't sightseeing (see a separate post for Abu Simbel / Aswan).

I'm not sure there is another option in Aswan, but definitely recommend a couple of nights. We only had time for one and it was a bit short to see what the city has to offer, especially at the end of April when it was getting HOT (37/38°C on our days) and you don't really want to be roaming around outside sightseeing.

Thanks DavidO team for booking this for us.