FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: AA only (2017-2019)
Old Jul 7, 19, 12:38 pm
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

On Thu 4 July early morning I paid $350 co-pay for an international mileage upgrade (coach->business) using my Hilton Aspire card. After it went pending, I selected the option online to get an email alert when it had posted. Well, it posted yesterday (Sat 6 July) morning, but it wasn't until many hours later that I got my email alert that it had posted. I checked Amex again then and again early this morning and it still said I had $250 in AA incidental credit to use through the end of the year. Then after reading the post right above from act0fgod that was updated in the last hour, I decided to check Amex again right now, and now (Sun 7 July midday) finally it says in my Benefits page:

"You have used all of your $250 Airline Fee Credit for this year.
It will renew again starting Jan 2020:"

I presume that I will have to wait another day or two for the credit to actually appear, but I'm not worried anymore now that it says the above in my Benefits page.

I fear that some negative reports may be people wanting to post "too early" about success/failure, and Amex being slow sometimes, and people not always coming back later to update. For over a day, it seemed as if Amex wasn't going to give me credit, but they were just being a bit slow about it, and sometimes they're way slower than this ! So please don't rush to post negative reports without waiting "long enough". Thanks.

EDITED TO ADD: The $250 credit appeared this morning (Mon 8 Jul), about one day after the benefits counter updated and about 2 days after the $350 posted.

Last edited by sdsearch; Jul 8, 19 at 8:32 am