FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}
Old Jul 7, 2019, 10:02 am
jphripjah

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by alanslegal
We enjoy the pool overlooking the beach however you can lack privacy (ie guests can see past your pool, into your open bathroom and into the back outdoor shower) IF they happen to walk by on the beach. Now for your neighbours, yes they can see you and vice versa. The fence could be another feet higher on one side, and the other side could have been extended further towards the beach by a metre or so.

My opinion on this, at least from the beach villa I'm staying in, is that I'm not terribly concerned about privacy or someone seeing into the villa. I think I saw one person walk by on the beach yesterday and one today. There is some foliage between my deck and the beach and the foliage is higher where the view from the beach would line up with the shower. Anyone walking along the beach would have to look past the foliage, over the 30 foot wide deck/pool, into the large sliding glass doors, over the entire bathroom and then through another glass partition at the far side of the bathroom to see someone in the shower. For a committed peeping Tom with binoculars lurking in the bushes, sure it's possible to get a good look into the shower.

But the average person walking along the beach isn't going to get an eyeful if he looks into your shower as he walks by, except maybe at night if it's dark outside and you've got the shower all lit up and your curtains open while you're lathering up in there.

I actually did a test this afternoon, I told my girlfriend to stand in the shower in her yellow dress and I'd go outside and try to look in, and by the time I go to the far side of the deck, before reaching foliage and the beach, I couldn't see her.

The setup here is far superior to the Conrad Maldives Rangali Island 100s beach villas, where you can't see the beach or ocean from your villa or deck. I'd much rather have the unobstructed view of the ocean and beach from my deck,even if it means the possibility of seeing, on average, one human being a day walking on the beach and him seeing me.