FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}
Old Jul 6, 2019, 11:53 pm
jphripjah

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I just experienced the breakfast and while I am not a "foodie" I can't see how any reasonable person would be disappointed by the breakfast offering. It's a good sized buffet with menu items cooked to order as well, 8 types cheese, 12 kinds of fruit, a large assortment of pastries, and plenty of bacon, potatoes, noodles, and salad, all served in pleasant surroundings close to the clear blue/green of the lagoon.

You can sit inside in pleasant full air conditioned environment or outside by the beach. It's better than Atoll Market at Conrad Maldives Rangali Island, in that it's more upscale and you're not in the midst of the water sports area.

Actually, the first thing I noticed was the size of the plates. They are huge. It's a well known strategy in Las Vegas buffets that if you stock the buffet with smaller plates, people eat less and waste less food. These plates were at least 12 inches in diameter.

It's a very nice set up, here are some photos, keep in mind I'm a terrible photographer.