FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - need advice - notification from AA Corporate Security
Old Jul 5, 2019, 10:34 pm
MarkOK

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Originally Posted by linglingfool
OP can answer, but I can see niche cases where it would be useful if OP was having his travel expenses reimbursed over a time horizon that was greater than the grace period on his card, but less than 6 months.
That sounds like University accounting procedures -- Reimbursements for travel typically take 2-5 months to get fully approved and processed (not just at the university I am at now, but nearly all universities). Anyways, I've never heard of this credit card either, but it seems like AA's equivalence of what 'CareCredit' is for medical expenses -- a way to get a 0% rate on a purchase as long as you pay in full by a certain time, otherwise you get sucker punched with a usurious interest rate that gets applied and backdated to the entire credit period. I used CareCredit (successfully, with regards to avoiding the interest hit) back in my younger poorer days when I needed a medical procedure that was quite costly compared to my income at the time (before I had an HSA to pay for such things, and the expense still could only barely touch my high deductible -- but that's for an OMNI thread). The FlyNow/PayLater looks very much like it is targeted for similar demographics (little/no credit; geared for that consumer that needs/wants to make a one time airline purchase that is expensive compared to income and thus needs to pay it off over time); i.e. not typically a FT poster! These cards get hairy when you make multiple purchases on them, usually nullifying a significant part of the zero percent if you pay it off in time benefit (read the fine details on how payments get credited when you have one or more deferred interest purchases and/or other non deferred interest purchases). So, I get that someone may have a regular card that is expired that they accidentally used a couple times (though after a couple times of having to call to complete a transaction, even a sane stressed busy person would probably go in and delete it off their profile). But an odd 'fly now/pay later' card? For a decently frequent flyer? After so many times having to call to pay by another means? Maybe the OP is a financial and personal mess (must be both). Or, maybe, there is something more to it.