FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Compensation: “Bumps” — Voluntary and Involuntary Denied Boarding [2000-2019]
Old Jul 5, 2019, 10:26 pm
btonkid12345

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by mridley2
Flying CHA-XXX-XXX on Sunday evening July 7th. Looks like my flight is or likely will be oversold.
Delta.com is selling one full fare Y ticket but will not sell two. Good sign! I haven't had a VDB in at least 1 year. I'm ready!

I am on the last flight of the day so a bump would mean an overnight stay. Anyone have any history on what hotel Delta typically offers in the Chattanooga area? I know the Hilton Garden Inn has a free airport shuttle but not sure if that's a consideration for Delta.

I ask because I have family about 45 minutes away so not sure if it's better to stay in hotel or head back to family and stay in the guest room. I would need the early Monday morning 6am CHA-LGA flight as I need to be in meetings at 11AM on Monday in NYC.

Any guess as to what the VDB offer would be? I Know it depends on # of seats needed, etc but I figure at least $500 for an overnight stay plus hotel and i'll ask for food vouchers as well.

Thanks for any insight flyers. Happy 4th!

~MRIDLEY2
It might be overbooked, but not oversold until everyone turns up at the gate.

If DL.com is still selling 1 full Y, between that and SDCs, they probably won't need volunteers.

If they do, look at the history of offers in this thread to witness the variability of what's on range.