FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jul 5, 2019, 4:45 pm
creativeguess1

Programs: Globallist
Hyatt Waikiki Review June 2019

Just got back from a 7 night stay, I'm sure my review is the same as it was last year and the same it will be next.

Globalist Club access, TSU for a 2 room Family suite, WAIVE Resort fees.

*CLUB was fine, I go during off hours, open 24 hours a day, Breakfast served during Breakfast hours 7-10am, Light food, 5-7 pm.
*Family Suite. Large space for Hawaii, basically two regular rooms attached. One room has a murphy bed and a large L shaped couch. TSU used, need to hunt these down usually 6-8 months out. Could use an update.
*Elevators are awful, they actually have on the TV showing expected wait times during different hours throughout the day. WOW.
*Staff, ALWAYS been kind and helpful, no complaints Always appreciated.
*This go around looked at the Buffet. 66$ a person? Are you kidding me?. I'm not a Buffet person to beging with, but 66$ plus tip and tax seems INSAME.
*GREAT LOCATION. Great location for every food budget $-$$$$$. The UDON place, 6 minute walk is my addiction. Cheap and fast on OFF HOURs. HUGE LINE, during BUSY HOURS. 6$ for Curry UNDO. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Waikiki Beach and the Hyatt here, I know exactly what I am going to get. It's going to be BUSY and too many people everywhere for my taste. I'm not going to be underwhelmed or overwhelmed. I have been WOWED at many Hyatt Resorts and Hotels in different ways, ie upgrades, extras, just nice little things. I have never been wowed here. Its just how close can I get to 200$/night after R/T and no resort fees. Everything is good, nothing is great. Perfect place for a vacation with a teenager or two. PLENTY to do on their own.