FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Seat Selection Issues for AA Flyers (archive through 2019)
Old Jul 5, 2019, 2:46 pm
PDXPremier
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by krzysz
It seems to me there is an issue with BA flights booked as AA-codeshares, which in turn are preceded by AA-operated flights, booked on AA, for example PHX-PHL-LHR(AA)-TXL(BA). While checking in for the first AA flight, I was assigned a random seat on the BA flight. There was no way to change it or access the seat map of the BA flight on ba.com after check-in any more, not even 24 hours before the departure of the BA flight. On landing at LHR I approached BA crew at the transfer desk, asked for a different seat, but the flight was full. Is that a well-known glitch? Is there a known solution?
I'm in a similar situation coming up with an AA-operated flight preceding a BA-operated flight out of LHR. My plan is to pull up my res on the BA site AND after the OLCI window opens and try selecting a seat without actually checking in since I'll probably need to OLCI on aa.com anyway since I begin with AA. I noticed on the BA site that it says I can OLCI at T-24 before my AA flight departs (not the BA flight). Hopefully this works...I'll know in a few weeks