FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Points & Elite Benefits When Booking Through Third-Party?" thread
Old Jul 5, 2019, 2:11 pm
brkandjfk

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold (LT), Nat EL Exec, Hertz PC
Is USAA Travel a "Third Party Booking Site" ?

I just joined USAA and stumbled upon their travel booking site, branded as Member Travel Privileges. Checking one reservation in September in a relatively expensive area, I found their rate to be a bit cheaper (and you earn points in USAA's program), so I canceled my Hilton-direct reservation and booked through USAA for the same dates (about 5% cheaper). The new reservation has a confirmation # that 'is not found' on the Honors reservation page when you "find existing reservation" (several hours after the new reservation) - a fact that has me wondering if this agency is considered a "third party booking site" (and therefore ineligible for Honors points).

Does anyone have experience in booking Hilton rooms through USAA Travel, and did you receive Honors points / elite credit?

I still have time to reverse my actions, as the stay isn't until September.

(I will call them and ask, but that information is not as valuable to me as the anecdotal what actually happens information available here...)