FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best Practices for Filing EU 261 Claims Against United? {Archive}
Old Jul 5, 2019, 1:38 pm
SeamusSA

Programs: CO OnePass; AAdvantage Dirt; IHG Priority Club Plat; Hyatt Plat; Marriott Gold; Avis PresPref;
I thought you said in a previous post UA responded they consider the case closed......
@
HNLbasedFlyer - yes, they said that but I replied I do not agree, submitted additional info based on their stance (French government site defining arrival at final destination as metric, since UA responded that he UK court did not pertain, would need to be French) . Apparently this is the UA equivalent of flipping off the customer and walking away. No info on appeal/escalation option, if any, was offered.

@jsloan -There are multiple cases that could be cited, I chose the UK one as I thought English language would be easiest. My hunch is the ECJ standing will be of little import to the UA "legal team" but good point to rebut their position.

Tried Twitter, response was "not able to go above their (UA Customer Care) decision via Social Media...not able to assist you further." Sure sounds like another e-flip off. But Twitter rep did at one point suggest submitting a new claim, citing the previous case ID, so will give that a shot - guess that's the UA version of escalation/appeal. Will cite Wegener as suggested - but not really expecting much in the way of response. Suspect will likely wind up filing with French DGAC.
Stay tuned, and thanks for the assist!