FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA658 LHR - Zakynthos, diverted to Zagreb, 26 Jun
Old Jul 5, 2019, 7:29 am
Guilefox

I was onboard this flight with my family (two young children) a wedding. The BA crew really did their best to save the guy who apparently was in his 80s with health issues. It must have been tough for them and one of them did break down and cry to my wife. I did think a trained crew would be able to continue with the flight but thought it was Croatian authorities that would not allow it, or it had to return back with the deceased person.

However during and once off the flight everyone was very stressed and my 9 year old daughter having witnessed CPR was suffering an anxiety attack. We were left without information and we're not given refreshment.

Please do not be so quick to judge passengers who ask for information or "complain" at their treatment without knowing all circumstances. Our hire car company also advised they would have to let our car go and charge us a fee if we could not arrive that day which added to the stress.

On the return flight we were left on tarmac for approx 2 hours on a hot stuffy plane and only given free water after I complained. I even took water on-board as I always do when travelling as a precaution but had run out. This delay was due to a paperwork maintenance issue with the aircraft engineer.

So yes I echo the response above. Global corp will penalise you if you slip up or are late (see my hire car example). So I will be seeking any and all compensation due. But I certainly value and would not fault cabin crew (apart from the delay getting water out on the way back).