FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [IN AN AC LOUNGE] Pet Peeves or annoying passengers in the MLL/Cafe/Signature Suite
Old Jul 5, 2019, 7:26 am
yyznomad
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by bocastephen
I don't see any risk - maybe as an American I am naturally more of a loudmouth which goes against Canadian customs, but during my last visit to the YYZ TB MLL, some blue-collar type had his entire hand shoved into the cookie jar digging around for a cookie, so yes, I yelled very loudly that it was disgusting and to use the damn utensils - the hand came out and he walked away, and yes, I felt better (especially since I had taken my cookies long before his finger assault). Adults should know better and I have no shame about yelling.

Honestly, I need to know if bad hygiene is a Canadian thing because I've never seen this level of behavior so consistently in any airport lounge in the world - the worse I usually see in other lounges is a foreign person who doesn't know better take their dirty dish back to the buffet, and I'll tell them to put it down and go get a clean one, or instruct a staff member to do so, but I rarely if ever see hands in serving dishes with such predictability as when at a Maple Leaf Lounge.
Maybe cookie monster isn't Canadian. Did you see cookie monster's passport? Even if cookie monster was wearing a "I am Canadian" t-shirt, it doesn't necessarily make cookie monster Canadian.

But to answer your question, yes we Canadians are slobs, but not as slobby as others.