FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Do You Eat at Fast Food Restaurants when Traveling?
Old Jul 4, 2019, 9:48 pm
moondog
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by tartempion
I moved to live 600 kms north-east of Bangkok in 2002.
Ate a few times at airports mc do's, two years ago Burger King opened a shop in Udon Thani, went 2 or 3x
Then my 6 year young girl went to follow ballet training on Saturday mornings, these always ended at the local Mc Do for a happy meal, i tried the Angus beef burger 2x, will not happen again.
At my nearest recently opened mini-shopping mall 10 kms from here they have a KFC, I will never be their customer.
Real fast food is to be found every evening at the village night market, 1 USD for any meal, we indulge sometimes...

P.S. scrapped Bali from todo list, nearby recommendations?
I've also learned to steer clear of that bad boy; I stick with Big Macs. I can't say I like Big Macs anywhere in the world because my mouth feels like a desert for an entire hour following ingestion, but some of the places on my travel circuit have seriously dreadful alternatives.

Taste wise, I rank KFC even below McDs. However, they have a few things on their China menu (e.g. the non-fried chicken/rice dishes) that don't slow me down.