FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2019 master thread
Old Jul 4, 2019, 4:12 pm
patrickw

- Name of the hotel: Mercure Hotel Kaiserhof Frankfurt City Center

- What is your Le Club status? Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes in general

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked a standard double room, received Superior double

- How are the rooms? This hotel has the latest Mercure style, the room is quite spacious and nice. The bed is comfortable and the air conditioning in the room is nice and strong enough, important since I was there when there is a heatwave

- What was good and what was bad?

Good:
-
Location is very close to the central train station so easy transport access and quite a few restaurants nearby, although I think red light district is just the street at the back.
- There is a lounge

Bad:
-
Premium wifi code for Platinum members was not offered until I asked, and they asked me to go and take it from the reception everyday because each voucher code is only valid for 24hrs (and do remember to tell them number of devices because each need one). Most other German properties are smart enough to give you enough voucher codes for the whole stay but not this one.
- No welcome drink voucher was offered. (I don't really use it usually so I wasn't bothered to ask (a post a few years ago mentioned there is no bar in this property so they might offer items from minibar), but then I got my drinks from their lounge. (free coffee/water available at the lobby 24/7)

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?
Yes, there is an executive lounge on 1st floor. While the lounge itself isn't anything big or fancy, the existence itself at an European Mercure property worth some credit. There are some simple snacks and drinks (soft drinks, coffee machine, beer, and some wine) every day from 18 to 21. There is never many people in the lounge during my stay and most people seem to just take a look, grab a bottle of drink and leave.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks?
-
Got some fruits as welcome amenities already waiting in my room.
- Late check out was granted.
- While superior room is largely same as standard (I spent some time to check their description just one to know I got an upgrade), the upgrade wasn't expected since when I check the website the hotel is quite full during my stay (only standard twin available to book).
- No welcome drinks voucher (as mentioned above).

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Yes, and probably yes