FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New SLC airport opens September 15th, 2020
Old Jul 4, 2019, 7:53 am
defrosted

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by tmorse6570
The new terminal will have a special area for return missionaries so regular people don't have to walk past all those people with signs when arriving. "WELCOME HOME ELDER KORVER !!!" At least they haven't been allowed near the gates for awhile. That was reeeaaallly annoying.
Really or is this a joke? So is it for all people with signs or just missionaries? I see people with signs welcoming people home often, I never paid any attention to what it actually says or why. But I don't fly into Utah so is it that much different?

Originally Posted by tmorse6570
I think everything will be new except for the landing strips, so what's all the discussion about?
That IS the discussion... it is all new except a large part of it, so is it really a new airport - no. I have this new car, well it is actually an old car but everything is new except the body. The word airport means all parts of the airport, so saying a new airport could be misleading when it is only a new terminal and support buildings. Admittedly a discussion of semantics.