FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2019] Conrad London St. James {GBR}
Old Jul 4, 2019, 3:30 am
CMK10
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stay Report - 6/29 - 7/1

Location: The location worked very well for my purposes. First of all, if you're using LGW it's a mere 30-35 minutes to get here which is great. Literally across the street is the St. James Park Tube (District/Circle Lines) Station though do note on weekdays from 0700-0930 this station is discharge only (I learned that the hard way). Nearby is a Costa Coffee, Pret a Manger, a few pubs and an off license. From here within a mile are the palace, St. James Park, Green Park, Hyde Park, Horse Guards, the National Gallery, the National Portrait Gallery and Trafalger Square. Like I said, great location.

Hotel: The hotel is small in a way that gives it a nice boutique feel. It's a mere 6 floors (7 if we count the American way) with a basement. The lobby has a small bar and a restaurant called the Blue Boar. There's a lounge on the first floor and a fitness center as well that I didn't use. The elevators are small in that European hotel way but thankfully there were never any long waits for them.

Check In: My father and I arrived at 12:30 and were told we could wait for a room upgrade or take a standard room right away. As we were gross and tired we opted for the latter. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

Room: The room was pretty small especially for two people but at least nice. The beds were about as narrow as you can get and close together in a way Europeans seem to like. We also had a small desk, large TV with a lot of channels including American, British, French and Middle Eastern ones and a very nice bathroom with tub and shower. There was also a small closet and mini bar. Wifi worked well and there were outlets and USB ports near the beds.

Lounge: The lounge is open from 0700-2200 with Breakfast: M-F 0700-1030 and Sa-Su: 0700-1100. There's also Tea from 1500-1700 and Drinks/Canapes from 1730-1930 with drinks staying out until 2000. It's is a pleasant space with another smaller, not pictured, seating area, a conference room that can be rented, two bathrooms and a shower and a couple of TVs and very good service from the attendants. Tea was fairly limited, a few sandwiches and some scones and pastries while Canapes were mainly cold cuts and cheese plus some nibbles. Alcohol selection was pitiful. Breakfast was scrambled eggs, American bacon, sausage, hash browns, cereal, pastries, yogurt, fruit, cold cuts and cheese and smoked salmon. Some items have to be ordered from the staff including toast.

Breakfast

Tea

Canapes

Other: As a Diamond I also could have had the buffet breakfast in the restaurant or for 4 Pounds extra, room service. I will note there were a couple of annoyances. Staff came by several times a day to check the mini bar. My father was trying to rest and they kept disturbing him. Also, we only had two towels and it took two calls to get more. Then on the second day the maid just took all the extra towels and gave us only one. But that's it for problems.

Overall I really liked this hotel and think it'll be my new Central London go to.