FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Kimpton Hotels Secret Password Experience Thread (2019 Onward)
Old Jul 2, 2019, 9:09 pm
Bartolo

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Originally Posted by 4235pilot
Two rooms booked. They ran out of the gift bags so we received $50 F&B per room. I definitely preferred this over the normal offering. The front desk manager 1st offered comp brunch when checking in, but then later wisely clarified via text $100 total. I was getting gitty for an endless mimosa brunch feast lol....

Both rooms upgraded to Premier Monte Carlo. 1st time in a while we haven't been upgraded to a suite there. One suite was available at the time of check in. but the older gentleman checking us in said no suites were available.

I have to say the area around the Capital One Arena is becoming more and more sketchy at night.....
You did extremely well. The gift bags were probably worth about $3. I left the contents in the room. Plastic sunglasses, a postcard, etc .....

Other than Metro to/from airport, walked everywhere including at night. One of the reasons I like this property is the location because it’s easy to get around. Was not at all worried in the area at night. Of course, one has to be careful, it’s a big city. Now, Shaw is a different story but getting better.

The thing I don’t like at the Monaco DC is the amenity fee. A clear cash grab.