FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Date locked but without a destination in mind... buy now or will airfare drop?
Old Jul 2, 2019, 3:53 pm
Paige Hammond

Date locked but without a destination in mind... buy now or will airfare drop?

Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum but so excited to be here! I already feel right at home!

My husband and I are date locked, but not destination locked by any means! We are hoping to travel somewhere outside of the US between November 22nd / 23rd to December 1st of this year. Our travel dates aren't at all flexible, but we aren't horribly picky about a destination. We're already going to Paris, Scotland and London this fall so those are out. Otherwise, we're pretty open! Anything within a 14hr flight, that is relatively safe for travelers. We're flying out of Chicago.

We would like to wait and jump on any airfare that falls below $500? Is that even possible or are we being naive? Should we just purchase whatever is cheapest right now, and be done with it? is there a chance that flights will only continue to go up, and we'll have missed our opportunity at $600 flights? Would really, really love to spend less than $500 as mentioned!