FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TAP Carry-On / Cabin Baggage Rules and Enforcement (merged threads)
Old Jul 2, 2019, 11:56 am
eakcats

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, MR Gold, HH Gold, GE
TAP carry-on luggage in J

Hello,

I知 seeking guidance regarding an upcoming flight where I am scheduled to fly TAP from Berlin-Lisbon connecting to UA Lisbon-Newark. I will be in business class for both flights. I知 not planning on checking any bags on this trip. I値l be traveling with a personal item sized backpack per US standards and a wheeled carry-on suitcase. My wheeled carry-on bag options meet UA痴 size requirements making them slightly above TAP痴 requirements. One of my wheeled bag options is much lighter (approximately 2 kg empty) however looks larger due to its design. My narrower and less bulky looking bag is 4 kg empty so I知 concerned with it exceeding the weight limit when full. Is it likely that my carry-on bags would be flagged for size and put in the sizer if I知 flying in business? Would having an overweight bag or using a bag that looks a little bit too large (1 inch in depth and at most 1 inch in height) be more likely to result in having to check my carry-on? And if I知 flagged for weight or size and forced to check my bag, will my free checked bag allowance as *Gold and business class passenger apply or will I need to pay the at the gate checking fee mentioned on TAP痴 website?

Sorry for all of the questions; when I fly non-US airlines, I generally fly LH, LX, or ANA where *G and/or premium class travel means no weighing or measuring carry on luggage.

Thanks for any and all guidance.