FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA: Biz Sale from UK to USA from $1700-2100s
Old Jul 2, 2019, 9:40 am
Wbeest

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by cgtechuk
Inverness is £11 on the train off peak from Glasgow, £20 from Edinburgh, Are you including most of Scotland in that 99.8%?

Hotels there is Holiday Inn, Jurys, A Marriot being built not to mention the local b&bs rather than staying in a sterile chain hotel.

Also in most cases the base fare is also lower from INV never mind just saving the APD its usually cheaper overall too,

5 of us travelled to Vegas exInv £11 each on the train, Got off the train got the bus to the airport, Granted its easier from LHR as a b2b but as a family of 5 we saved nearly £1k, people just need to take their London tinted specs off. 99.8% of the country isnt London afterall :-)
Good examples to demonstrate what a silly suggestion that was. Indeed, I have my 2nd of 4 trips starting from INV and I live in Northants. I like Scotland...I like Premier Inn (of which I think there are 3 in INV), I like the savings involved and the airport is v easy. Quite the contrary, let's have more INV originating flight tips!