FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - International to Domestic Connection at ORD after Arrival from a PreClearance Airport
Old Jul 2, 2019, 8:47 am
Maxwell Smart

Programs: UA Gold; AA Dirt; HH Diamond; National Emerald; CONTROL SecretAgent Platinum; KAOS EvilFlyer Gold
Originally Posted by tomsam
Hi All,
Can anyone provide insight into how the ORD Terminal 5 process works for someone traveling AUH-ORD, and then connecting to AA in Terminal 3? Since the passenger has cleared US customs and immigration in AUH, what do they need to do in ORD T5 -
- is there a way to bypass immigration / customs (i.e. get treated as a US domestic passenger)?
- what happens with baggage? do they need to pick it up and re-check?
TIA!
tomsam

I posted about this exact issue a couple of years ago in the EY forum: (ORD transit to AA, arriving from AUH).

Assuming things still operate the same way, passengers that are connecting to domestic flights are bussed directly from the plane to airside T3, so no need to reclear security, and checked baggage is transferred automatically.
For passengers ending travel at ORD, I believe they simply go to a special domestic baggage claim in T5.