FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air France / KLM O paid business class fare earning with Delta (Consolidated Thread)
Old Jul 2, 2019, 6:24 am
taxicabnumber

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by roelb
Just an update on this issue. While I have booked a future KL flight mixed fare (economy on the outbound, business/Z on the inboud) to avoid any discussion, I just noticed that the partner earning sheet on delta.com has been modified. It now lists "O" as an official earning class for Air France marketed flights. But not yet for KLM marketed flights. So it seems there is progress. It is just 100% MQM's and no class bonus for miles either. But heck, it's better than earning nothing.

As I have a 3+ hour schedule change on that ticket that I booked in V and Z combined and the O/O fare is still available, I could rebook free of charge - both legs in business/O is actually a couple of euro's cheaper than the V/Z combination fare that I am holding right now. So I'm going to try to contact Delta again and inquire about that change for Air France O class and if that is going to be the case for KLM as well.
Good find! While it's kind of sh*tty that MQM earning is only 100% rather than 150%, this is still a heckuva lot better than before.

Wonder why they've updated the AF chart but not the KL chart?

EDIT: Looks like although the KL chart hasn't been updated, the earning itself has been changed. You can buy India-Europe flights under AF and KL flight numbers on Delta.com. I just made dummy bookings for DEL-CDG-LHR and DEL-AMS-LHR, both in O class, and while a month or two ago the "MQMs/SkyMiles earned" on the checkout page showed 0 miles, it now reflects 100% earning for both KL and AF.

I can finally book O fares to Asia!

Last edited by taxicabnumber; Jul 2, 2019 at 6:30 am