FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mini RTW Questions
View Single Post
Old Jul 1, 2019, 8:47 pm
ibby

Honeymoon Planning - HELP with Business class mini RTW redemption and routing!!

Hi all,

I am planning my honeymoon with the to-be wife in Feb 2020. We have both been saving our miles to be able to do an mini RTW business class from YYZ. While our destination is still up for debate, we are thinking of Bali. However we are looking to maximize our mini RTW with stops in Portugal, Greece, Singapore, Egypt, Switzerland, Vietnam, etc etc. The wife has about 140,000 miles (should have the 160k needed shortly) saved while I have about 160,000.

I reached out to this awesome community to book my Toronto-Sydney RTW a few years back and was able to book a fantastic business routing avoiding AC metal and paying minimal taxes. I am hoping to do the same for the honeymoon.

Our dates are flexible in Feb, and we are looking to go for about 12 days including transit time. If anyone can make recommendations for segments and layovers in business (on an airline worth flying) to Bali with minimal fuel surcharges, I would be forever grateful.

Furthermore, if anyone has suggestions for alternate cultural-yet-honeymooning destinations in that area, I’m all ears.

One little tidbit of info - I am 6’8”. So even having flown business on a few airlines, some seats are just not comfortable because of my height. As an example, AC business seats have this little foot cubby that my feet don’t fit in, and my height means my feet are squished in and pressed hard against the back of that little hole. Whereas Eva’s business was gloriously spacious.

This may be a lot to ask but your suggestions on destinations, airlines, and specific routings are very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by ibby; Jul 2, 2019 at 5:51 am Reason: Added detail