FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2019 M&M Status requalification race
View Single Post
Old Jul 1, 2019, 5:39 am
cas_de

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
That's interesting, even though I'm unable to comment for obvious reasons (i.e. I'm not Silver with BA). I think, though, that lounge access outside of LHR would be classed as a great perk as opposed to LH's FTL?

Also and despite the grief that Miles & More normally gets, I still find FTL particularly useful due to my travel patterns and, as I've already said in previous circumstances, I would certainly not be losing my will to live if I had to lose my Gold status through SAS: I can use the business check-in's counter at Sarajevo (which is a plus, in absence of web check-in), weekly transfers at Munich with lounge access which for me means merely a tiny snack (the tuna/egg wraps were lovely last week) and a couple of beers (and the Business lounges are more than okay for that), other frequent departures from London-Heathrow (visits to head office) or Warsaw/Rome etc. would still grant me lounge access (and the new Star Alliance lounge in Rome is truly worth it!) meaning that, for the purpose of my travel (commuting, short/medium haul, 99% business related trips), I couldn't really ask for more. Last but not least, I find LH amongst the most (if not the most) realiable and consistent carriers around.

G
It's rare to see praise, indeed. But despite all the issues we have with LH I can agree on the consistency of the product. While I am not super excited about the way things are, they could be much worse... and you don't have to look far (EW)...

But not to stay OT:
Dead year, 15k status miles so far, all within Europe (not too much travel, because of both personal and work reasons), plus 6 segments on BA so far. Thank god I did the TLL run on 12/30 last year.