FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2019 M&M Status requalification race
View Single Post
Old Jul 1, 2019, 5:19 am
AlicorporateUK

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Made BA silver this February due to heavy QR flying last year. The benefits are rather spartan (or actually non existing
That's interesting, even though I'm unable to comment for obvious reasons (i.e. I'm not Silver with BA). I think, though, that lounge access outside of LHR would be classed as a great perk as opposed to LH's FTL?

Also and despite the grief that Miles & More normally gets, I still find FTL particularly useful due to my travel patterns and, as I've already said in previous circumstances, I would certainly not be losing my will to live if I had to lose my Gold status through SAS: I can use the business check-in's counter at Sarajevo (which is a plus, in absence of web check-in), weekly transfers at Munich with lounge access which for me means merely a tiny snack (the tuna/egg wraps were lovely last week) and a couple of beers (and the Business lounges are more than okay for that), other frequent departures from London-Heathrow (visits to head office) or Warsaw/Rome etc. would still grant me lounge access (and the new Star Alliance lounge in Rome is truly worth it!) meaning that, for the purpose of my travel (commuting, short/medium haul, 99% business related trips), I couldn't really ask for more. Last but not least, I find LH amongst the most (if not the most) realiable and consistent carriers around.

G