FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What beer, ale, or similar are you drinking?
Old Jul 1, 2019, 2:50 am
der_saeufer

Originally Posted by gonebabygone
Interesting. I've heard it's popular for those looking to lose weight due to its reduced calories. Thanks!
The variation in calorie levels is pretty large because of varying amounts of other ingredients like corn syrup or un-fermented malt; Bavaria's 0% IPA has ~60 calories per bottle but Jupiler or Carlsberg 0% has around 130 which isn't that much less than the real thing (and it tastes WAY worse).

I drink them because they taste better than water or Coke but don't make me sleepy or get me in trouble with the cops when I'm driving or motorcycling.

Originally Posted by BamaVol
Some of the big brewers make and sell beers with as few as 55 calories per 12 ounce bottle. They also taste like there’s something missing. But if you can drink enough of them, the possibility of a mild buzz exists.
I don't quite get the point of the low-calorie beers. IMO they taste worse than the 0% beers, and if getting a buzz for minimal calories is the intent, liquor with sugar-free mixers is more efficient.