FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - which Hyatt in Tokyo?
View Single Post
Old Jun 29, 2019, 6:58 pm
Pickles
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Hey it's called Toronomon Hills for a reason. For at least one subway station (the one that's close to a more commercial area, I would guess south or southwest of the hotel), it's flat, but for a different subway station, you must walk uphill. I'm not claiming that you must climb stairs, but there are sidewalks near the hotel that are definitely not flat. It's somewhat downhill to the tower and even more to the Prince Tower (?) hotel and the big shrine a bit beyond it. It's uphill to the major street that you could access through the Atago shrine stairs. There's a subway station along that street (sorry I don't know the names of stations/lines from memory). The hotel is built on a hill, and "ground" level on the backside is several floors above where you enter the hotel at ground level by taxi.
Toranomon, Kamiyacho, Shimbashi, and Uchisaiwaicho stations, the ones closest to the hotel, are all walkable along flat land with wide sidewalks. Yes, the walk to Tokyo Tower is downhill, the climb up Atago Shrine is somewhat of a workout, and the building complex itself has a number of levels between the front and the back entrances (all of them covered by escalators or elevators), but that's neither here nor there. And no, the ground level on the back is no different than the ground level on the front. There is a hill inside the complex, with a sculpture (by the Maison Kayser) but there is an escalator and an elevator to get you up and down. The actual street entrances are at the same level front and back.

And on the HR, I'm pretty certain (100% like certain) that the HR is the Hyatt in Tokyo with the shortest distance between the hotel and the platform. Even the GH has quite of a walk between the hotel and the Roppongi station entrance, and once in the basement level (through the MetroHat) is a bit of a walk to the station itself.