FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.
View Single Post
Old Jun 29, 2019, 2:15 pm
jrl767
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by jlemon
And we are making excellent progress here ... still looking for answers....
4. Now it's 1967 and time for another milk run. You are in Birmingham, AL (BHM) getting ready to head for Denver and a vacation in the Colorado Rockies. Ah, here's a daily flight offering first class which makes five stops en route. What airline will you check in with at BHM, what are the five stops in order and what type of aircraft will you be flying on? ...
4- the part of the question that I highlighted leads me to think we’re looking for an interchange operation ... Eastern and Delta would be the logical choices out of BHM, but I don’t recall DL participating in any interchanges save for their Pan Am flights (MSY-ATL-IAD-LHR) that we have discussed on numerous occasions

commonality of equipment leads me to believe this flight featured a Lockheed Electra operated by EA and Braniff; reflecting on those two carriers’ route maps suggests the interchange point was Memphis (MEM) ... I’ll posit that the EA section first put down in Nashville (BNA), and the BN continuation stopped in Little Rock (LIT), Oklahoma City (OKC), and Amarillo (AMA)

Originally Posted by jlemon
5. You've always enjoyed sailing in Bermuda and now it's time to do so once again. It's still 1967 and you are in Chicago where you've just finished a project assignment as an independent contractor. There's a daily flight departing from ORD to BDA which makes two stops en route. Name the air carrier as well as both stops in order and the equipment.
5- this would have also been Eastern; probably also an Electra ... I’m totally speculating on the stops, but I’ll start the guessing with Louisville (SDF) and Washington National (DCA)

Last edited by jrl767; Jun 29, 2019 at 2:22 pm