FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Advantages
View Single Post
Old Jun 29, 2019, 1:45 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Gynob001
No, I am confused. I wrote in general what I would like from an Airline. Because what I have been reading about BA in the forum, I just asked what does BA lack?
I am surprised how many defended BA and where were they in this forum about the bad bad BA!
as I also wrote, I mostly fly SkyTeam
You can't really look at the numbers who defend, or indeed pillory, BA. You have to go one step further and interpret whatever it is that matters to the Flyertalker, and there is no one single correct answer. In other words all you can do is try it yourself. Since BA's flights run pretty much full, and a particularly high proportion of BA's passenger are repeat travellers on the airline, then it can't be that far wrong - BA has a monopoly service on just a handful of services so mostly there are alternatives. Now the glue that helps here is the relatively good quality of BA's frequent flyer scheme, but you won't get hundreds of people volunteering themselves for avoidable torture, regardless of that.

To go your specific points, I would say BA have a good offer to all of them. Just 2 basic rules (ignoring the Hamburg Rule for the moment): avoid 787s in World Traveller; on older 777s ensure you have your own entertainment.