FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Booking Flights, Rooms, Cars, Cruises, Activities through Chase/Expedia portal.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 9:13 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tomst
I'm trying to book a multi-cabin itinerary (departing flight in Business, returning flight in Economy) using Chase UR points through their travel portal. This cannot be done online, and last time I called they didn't seem to be able to book any other options than what's listed on the website.

I was wondering if there are any tricks to make this happen? One idea I've had is to book a round trip in business class, then call in within 24hrs of booking, and ask them if they could change/downgrade the return leg, hoping that they have more options when changing an existing ticket rather than when booking a new ticket. Has anybody ever tried this, or managed to get a multi-cabin itinerary booked using Chase points in a different way (through their travel portal)?
You seriously need to read this thread on how troublesome it is when people have the NEED to be rebooked because their flights were either canceled or had schedule changes that no longer work. Those are actual need to change their bookings - see for yourself on how difficult it could be, for very legitimate situations. Here you are, trying to be creative for whatever you want to accomplish... Good Luck.