FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wrote down Lufthansa CS nametag & security was called on me. GDPR?
Old Jun 28, 2019, 7:07 am
hugolover
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dover2Golf
GDPR relates to how a company uses personal data of a data subject.

It has no control whatever about what a private individual may record or do with data they hold. If Lufthansa does not want its employees' names known, why give them name badges in the first place? Surely the distribution of the badges and a requirement to wear them would be the data breach.

Had an employee called security to me for recording their name, I would have insisted on a police presence and the Lufthansa airport duty manager and not moved until there was resolution.

An employee hiding behind having their name recorded is only trying to cover up their poor performance.
And if you missed your flight then you would rightly hold LH liable for the unlawful behaviour of their employee and/or its agents.

Unfortunately the public tend to believe that anyone in a uniform is right, won't push back. Like the pensioners who will let someone wearing a high-vis into their home to check their meter, just because its a high-vis. More and more regulations only make this worse.

I am more appalled that the airport security forcibly removed the paper from the pax, TOUCHED A PAX! Is that really allowed in Germany? What legal basis do they operate under? In the UK they would have no more powers than the OP has, I thought it was the same in Germany.

And let's not mention the 1984 style scribbling out the name as that surely removes the name from the pax's mind . LOL.