FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Premium Plus (Premium Economy) seats and Experience
Old Jun 27, 2019, 4:05 pm
fumje
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AirborneCattleCar
Sorry, my bad - it was IAD to FRA and then FRA to FCO. FCO to IAD on the return.

IAD to FRA seems to alternate with EWR a 777 that has these seats, or at least that's what it looked like when I clicked through a few layers of "Where is this aircraft coming from?". It was definitely PP, I took a photo of it when I boarded (see crappy, blurry photo at bottom of post). Also noticed the derpy overhead bin that was blocked off by the partition that others noticed on this thread. When I first bought this flight back in January, there was no PP on the seat map.

All on same reservation. I didn't say anything about accepting PP, because at the time of booking (back in January) my aircraft didn't have PP on the seat map. I was refunded all my GPUs.

I guess by virtue of the fact I didn't buy a PP seat? I booked this back in January, there was no PP on the seat map at all. I had booked us all in E+ with a fare outbound that allowed me to apply GPUs. About 48 hours in, I got an e-mail that had a different reservation for my family and then the original reservation had just me on it, and I noticed that all of the seat numbers had changed. I looked on the seat map and saw I had a PP seat, and that my family got the first non-PP E+ row.

It honestly looked like the same garbage they were serving back in E+ but I couldn't really tell. It was all on the same cart as what they served the rest of my party in E+.

We *were* in the same E+ cabin on booking, all sitting in one E+ row.

img

img
That is an interesting and surprising detail. I infer you had applied GPUs to everyone on the reservation. In that case, it sounds as though someone (or some computer) proactively split your reservation and moved only you to the P+ seats (still E+ cabin/service as noted by WineCountryUA). I don't think I'd appreciate that, actually. Did you attempt any time before boarding to move your companion(s) to rows 20-22?