FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)
Old Jun 27, 2019, 11:41 am
KARFA
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by lu_avs55
Hi FT, first time question-asker here, please be gentle with me!

I'm curious what flight number a boarding pass will show for a codeshare flight. For example, the 09:45 LHR-JFK on AA (which on AA is AA101) is the same flight as denoted by all the following codeshare flights:

AY4011
BA1516
GF6631
IB4219
LY8066
MH9393

I don't just mean what the boarding pass is printed with (although I'm interested in this too) but rather what flight number the barcode/QR code would state when scanned?

Any insights greatly appreciated
Hi and welcome to FT!

The bp should show the operating carrier flight number so for your example AA101. If you booked it under one of those codeshare it may reference that, so if might show as "AA101 booked as BA1516" - in any case even if the code you booked it under didn't show on the bp it would be recorded on the system and credit to your BAEC account as BA1516.

Hope that helps. If you need to check the code itself then there are various apps you can get to read it.

EDIT: just out of interest tomorrow I have a QR operated flight booked under the BA codeshare. After scanning the bp code it only shows the QR flight number.