FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Help: SK botched up my *A award tickets...
Old Jun 27, 2019, 6:55 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
I can’t speak to what SK may do for you, but I know that AA, AF/KL, AC, AV, BA, DL, UA and some others have more or less told me “tough luck” and been generally willing to do nothing more than maybe try to open up award space on their own metal or waive some fees. Getting them to use regular paid revenue space on partner coded-and-operated planes has been a no-go for me. And this is even at times where I had top-tier status in some of those programs.

Different airlines have different practices and policies for how they deal with booked segments that aren’t (yet) ticketed. After X hours/days from time of booking space, some airlines will cancel bookings on their metal if there is no corresponding ticket/ticket coupon for the flight. At least in the days of paper tickets, airlines weren’t all that capable and eager to cancel booked flight segments so fast for bookings without an included ticket (coupon) number.

Last edited by GUWonder; Jun 27, 2019 at 7:02 am