FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Conrad Chicago {US-IL}
View Single Post
Old Jun 27, 2019, 6:47 am
whimsey21

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Had another stay at the Conrad last week-- probably my least enjoyable so far. At checkin they did upgrade me one category to an ultra large king. I had asked for a quiet room, and unfortunately this was not it. For the first time in my various stays here, I could hear noise from the rooms above and adjacent to me (previous stays had been pretty quiet except for noise through the gap under the door). I also had a very loud air handler, which sounded like a vacuum cleaner when it kicked on, and made little clicking noises all night (highly irritating). I was told about the $15 drop in Diamond f&b credit at checkin and expressed my disappointment; the clerk told me that he found it very difficult to have to tell diamond members about the reduction. The hotel was not full (or at least the app showed rooms in every category for sale), but when I stopped into B&B for my evening nightcap it was completely packed (including families with young children, which I thought was interesting given the late hour). In the past I've generally found the place fairly empty and quiet after 10 on weeknights-- I don't know if this is a summer thing, or just an unusual night. Overall it was an ok stay, but on this trip I wasn't feeling that it justified the high premium (rates were significantly higher than on my previous stays).