FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Voco brand discussion (Gold Coast, Dubai, Cardiff, etc)
Old Jun 27, 2019, 1:46 am
Concerto
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I completed my stay at the voco St. John's Solihull and really enjoyed it. All the elite benefits were given out, such as free drinks (the bartender actually gave me two, a craft brew from Cornwall). The public areas of the hotel were pleasant, with the light yellow and grey colour scheme. Parking was free on a single yellow line in a nearby street and I reckon you could have parked in Morrison's supermarket without any issues. Breakfast was not free, however, but I did not try it because I had an early flight.

The room was very pleasant and seemed to be newly refurbished. It was quite a distance from reception, down a series of corridors past function rooms and up on the 4th floor. There was, however, a woman getting very loudly humped for quite a while, which drove me down to the bar for my beers. The yells and shrieks were audible in the bathroom even with the doors closed (so, the place is not exactly sound proofed). In the corridor, heads were popping out, in addition to my own, trying to establish where the noise was coming from (it was three doors down on the other side of the corridor, which shows how thin the walls are).