FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SFO to move all Uber, Lyft pick ups to central parking lot
Old Jun 26, 2019, 8:29 pm
Eastbay1K
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago

But when I got in Thursday night last week, it was apparently chaos. My driver called me and told me that he couldn't actually access the garage and the app was estimating a 15 minute wait to get in. So we ended up just meeting at the international terminal because it was hopeless otherwise.
Glad that worked out for you. I arrived today, outside approximately 12:45PM (Int'l arrival). LYFT gave a few sign post numbers to choose from. So, I chose one of them.

First driver - after several minutes, I see him arriving (in the furthest lane). I waved. He waved me back a no - and canceled the ride.
Second driver - he called quickly. I told him I was at Int'l by sign #15 . He was surprised I was at Int'l. I saw on the app him going around (but never into int'l) then away from the airport. I finally canceled (even though the app said he was waiting for me - where? Never at the airport). The app said "due to problems with your ride, no cancellation fee." No idea what happened.
Third driver - she called. I told her exactly where I was. She suggested that someone else might be able to pick me up faster. I asked her to come anyway, that I've already had 2 drivers flake. It took several minutes, but she arrived, and was quite pleasant to talk with for what turned into an increasingly-traffic-filled ride. (The ride would have originally been 10 to 15 minutes faster if Driver 1 had stopped ... but as the afternoon creeps on...)

Lots of frustration by others awaiting their Ubers and Lyfts at Int'l this afternoon.