FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Should I focus on moving to a new airline mileage program?
Old Jun 26, 2019, 3:11 pm
VegasGambler
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Bretmd

This brings up another issue - my upgrade rate to E+ as an MVP has been terrible. Then add the number of Airbus aircraft that consider exit row seating to be premium class, and the number of airbus aircraft serving SEA, I was finding that I was frequently unable to sit in a complimentary seat with extra legroom even with MVP status.

I understand this is temporary until all airbus planes are refurbished. However, it’s caused the value of MVP to be eroded further. If I were still flying enough to be MVP gold I might have stuck with it but MVP just doesn’t seem worth the extra $$ and inconvenience. YMMV.
If you're not flying into or out of SEA or PDX this is really not an issue.

Even ex-SEA and ex-PDX I was able to get E+ every time as an MVP, although it did require some work and probably some luck (setting up seat alerts in EF, and occasionally predicting who would be upgraded and preemptively asking the gate agent if I could be moved to the seat I wanted when the person got upgraded)