FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Should I focus on moving to a new airline mileage program?
Old Jun 25, 2019, 10:56 pm
StephanP37

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 7K, MARRIOTT PLAT PREMIER WITH AMBASSADOR
Yeah as someone that has bounced around the great state of California the last decade I’m mainly purely curious where the OP lives lol. I’ve lived in Napa lake arrowhead woodland Redding and now Tahoe. There’s pretty much always a great Alaska option nearby. Napa SFO OAK SJO Even Sacramento. Lake arrowhead I had a 2 hour drive to LAX or 3 with traffic which sucked but you’ve got Ontario right there 40 min away I always chose to stay with Alaska even though their Ontario flights were more expensive because of the perks. He might be somewhere that’s by me because I’d say my current location in South Lake Tahoe has so far proven to be the biggest journey to fly Alaska but I’m still thankfully doing it. Distance isn’t horrible they’ve got flights out of Reno but for me that’s an hour and half windy mountain drive and they’re always double the SFO flights and I can get to Sacramento in 2 hours of windy road driving but they’re also always much spendier than SFO so I’ve typically ended up doing the 3 hour plus drive to SFO so far. So that’s my guess is he’s somewhere near me or super north up by Redding. Either way for me it’s worth it but I am flying about 80-90 times a year so the upgrades are what make it worth while if you’re only flying 20 flights or so probably not worth the hassle and extra expense. Tell us the airport man you’ve got everyone curious!