FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Different Names on Dual Citizen Italian Passport and US Passport
Old Jun 25, 2019, 8:54 pm
obscure2k
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by DaileyB
My paternal grandparents were Italian, and I have the right to become an Italian citizen. However, my last name was Anglicized a bit. I travel a lot to China because my children are half-Chinese by ethnicity. I was going by the assumption that if I had 2 passports with different names that it would cause all sorts of problems. Several people at the Chinese forum said that was not the case. My question is if my American name is Decker and Italian name is De Caker, will that cause me problems when I travel. For anyone interested in the Chinese thread, here is the link: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chin...-go-wrong.html

Also, have gotten different opinions on how difficult it is to change names in Italy. (I may want to change Italian name to my American name, if I in fact do obtain dual Italian citizenship.) Any insight would be appreciated.
Please continue to follow this thread as I move it to the Travel/Safety/Security Forum
Obscure2k
Italy Moderator