FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Car Hire Groups?
View Single Post
Old Jun 25, 2019, 4:30 pm
dougzz

Programs: BA Gold
Like a few here I have more experience of USA rentals than UK where I have my own car, a VW Passat as it happens, they're fine for 4 and luggage, but you obviously don't have the sit up high effect. One thing I can say based on USA Avis rentals is they're really only focused on one aspect of the vehicle type, and it's not always obvious. In the US with Avis a standard elite SUV means a 7 seater, not a slightly nicer standard SUV as the name would imply. The Avis standard cars change a fair bit, they might say the example is a Chevy Traverse, but in reality all you see is Ford Explorers and too often Flex's which are more like vans than SUVs.
My attitude is always to arm my phone with a list of cars in the group, if I don't like what they offer and it's not among the cars in the group then I engage with the desk, I say engage as it's always best to start off friendly I find. But I think if the specific model is really important to you you have to book that specific model if that's offered, and not hope to get a certain model from a group, you're almost always disappointed by doing that.
You could ask here Fleet List (UK) what you might get someone may have recent experience for the location if you mention it. Good luck.