FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - posting miles from China Eastern flights
View Single Post
Old Jun 25, 2019, 2:49 pm
zippy the pinhead

Originally Posted by CoMooter
MU REALLY, REALLY wants to assign a MU FF# to your booking. When I book the flights on MU's website and input my DL or FB #, magically at checkin it is still never there - but a new MU number is.Just give them your card, check to make sure the number status is on there and in about 5-6 days it will post. Still, always save your BP until they post.5 years ago 50% of the time you still needed to send the BP's to AF or DL - now, generally it still posts.. Interestingly, CZ is a problem still in my experience on DL, but on FB the miles post the next day. Very strange, but AFKL and CZ do have a JV.
Maybe it's just me, but their Web site doesn't seem to be very user-friendly. Poking around, I found they have an "Eastern Miles" companion site, and one of the settings available through that site is "Identity Automatic Recognition," which auto-routes miles to a China Eastern FF account. I gather that setting it to "Non-autoaccumulation" is the way to go if you don't want mileage accrual via MU miles.