FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Istanbul 'New' Airport ( IST/ISL ) - Master Thread ✈️
Old Jun 25, 2019, 1:51 pm
Eurocity

Programs: SU Gold, A3 Gold
My impression of new IST is mostly about very poor layout planning. I can understand the Grand Bazaar logic of those in IGA who placed all transit security checkpoints in the centre of terminal to make every passengers go through shops... But this logic fails to see that this extra mile running across the whole terminal to checkpoint and back to the gates steals the very time the transit passenger would have otherwise spent in shops or restaurants. I'm sure the commercial result of this bazaar tactics is zero or even negative.

And it also denies TK the possibility to sell short connections, thus spoiling the home airline commercial strategy. Which is totally beyond my understanding.

As TK now has a share in IGA, I hope they would make an effort to install additional transit security facilities between A and B gates and another one at F gates.

Just wondering - is placing TK lounges entrances at E1 and C1 also the result of IGA's desire that premium passengers should pass some shops along the way? )

Last edited by Eurocity; Jun 25, 2019 at 1:59 pm