FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Airbus A319/20/21N Reconfiguration/Retirements Tracking Thread
Old Jun 25, 2019, 6:52 am
mastergamindude

Originally Posted by nearlysober
Yeah, they're less than 20% of the way through the airbus fleet at this point. At this rate, early 2020 seems ambitious.
I wonder if the delays with the MAX will impact the reconfiguration schedule? Maybe they were counting on having a couple of those planes starting next month to allow more swap outs and speed up the schedule this summer?
Maybe. If they still had ownership of the 737-400s and the eight 737-700s that were retired for who knows what reason (the ones that were weren’t even the oldest ones in the fleet), I would imagine those would be temporarily reintroduced to supplement the Airbus fleet as it goes mods. That is if the reason for the snail pace for the mods is because of a lack of fleet supplementation. I just wish AS would actually keep the consumers and enthusiasts up to date on their long-term plans and expected completion dates; they’ve been awfully quiet and vague about the VX merger not just for the cabin mods, but also for the Airbus fleet as a whole.