FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Unacceptable Experience with British Airways in WTP
Old Jun 25, 2019, 4:17 am
kt74

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
Sorry to hear from the OP that he didn't enjoy his flight, but let's manage expectations here. BA claims that WTP offers the following, lifted straight from its webpage:
  • wider seats and more legroom [tick]
  • small, intimate cabins with expert, attentive service [tick to small cabin]
  • two delicious meals and a complimentary bar service [tick - the mains, whether you like them or not, are the same as used to be served in Club, and aren't the same as economy]
  • personal entertainment system with noise-cancelling headphones [tick - it didn't say state of the art]
  • larger free baggage allowance [tick]
  • priority boarding [tick, albeit with hit and miss implementation]
So, they've delivered *exactly* what they said they would. OK, so WTP is nicer on some planes than others, but, as with any large airline, there's no guarantee that the seat you get on one plane will be the same as the others - you can't one day magically have the identical seat and IFE on 100 planes

Originally Posted by IntVic
I suspect the OP will select future premium economy seats based on other airlines.
No airline is consistent, not KLM, Cathay, Singapore, Virgin nobody. Go Cathay in PE if you wish, but you'll be wondering why the 777 doesn't have leg rests when the A350 does, and why the food is identical to economy. Go KLM in business and you'll be wondering why some planes have all aisle access, some don't, and some don't even go flat. Go Emirates in business and you'll spend a long time climbing over your seatmate looking for the non-existent bar on its 777s

BA delivered exactly what it promised - barring a non-working tray table - escalate to CSD/CSM for immediate compensation if you wish. If you want to *maximise* your experience, then you have to choose your plane. I used to (try to) avoid BA to KUL when it was ancient 777s, but now I actively seek out the 787. That's just the way it is