FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Injured at Airbnb property
View Single Post
Old Jun 25, 2019, 3:27 am
Saint4805

Programs: Bonvoy LTTitanium, BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by COSPILOT
You are asking for advice without any specifics.

Regardless, when my wife says for a few weeks a year we could make a profit via Airbnb with our home, I refuse. We have a new home that meets current codes, but that won't stop the ambulance chasers from creating something out of nothing. But even if I had an old home that met code at the time, what happened to self responsibility?

Renting via Airbnb is assuming a lot. My best friend loves it as its cheaper. He has had some good ones, and some total crap joints. He isn't a fan of FT, but I asked him his opinion. He laughed and shared way too many foul words for me to share. In short, he takes personal responsibility knowing that a new property he isn't familiar with could be great, could be a death trap.

So to the OP, no idea if you are old and blind and need your hand held, or someone young and often drunk, and need your hand held... Either way, we live in a someone else is responsible United States, so have at it and report back.
+1

Not referring to this specific case given the absence of details, I'm so glad we don't have the same culture in the UK (apart from the much despised no win no fee lawyers). Nobody would leave their front door at the fear of being sued by ambulance chasers and other scammers. Can imagine it does wonders for the personal injury lawyer and insurance sectors from a profit and tax revenue perspective however.