FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Large CE Cabins
Thread: Large CE Cabins
View Single Post
Old Jun 24, 2019, 4:24 pm
FlyerP

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by Chris9642

I’ve had similar on a few NCL flights sitting in a row 1 I think the record came close to be asked what I would like to drink just after we flew over Windsor - on the AGP flight I referenced at the start of the post the crew remained seated through the entire (smooth) climb until the main seat belts signs were off about 15 mins after take off. Does BA policy allow crew to jump straight up to begin service prep immediately after wheels up on a short flight and conversely require them to sit through the entire climb on longer flights (also happened on my Rome and Faro flights) - I imagine unpredictable turbulence during climb will impact any decision here but just curious on what’s actually within the crew discretion.
I knew it would be good when I could hear the CSM plan and discuss the service with his colleague while in queue for take off. A bit of initiative and planning goes a long way in most jobs as opposed to not even thinking about it until the seatbelt sign goes off and then it’s a surprise that they are rushed!