FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Istanbul 'New' Airport ( IST/ISL ) - Master Thread ✈️
Old Jun 24, 2019, 3:29 pm
hfly
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Unlike TAV, which could talk about "all" the other airports that you had access to, IGA is a one trick pony. Let's be serious here. The IGA lounge is mediocre at best, now that I have been through it 3 times (vs. the TK lounge that I have been through 11 times) I can say that it is really disappointing just how mediocre it is.......they had a chance to do something extraordinary....and then even handed a lifeline to "BTA" the worst caterer in Turkey.............who we all know from the horrible catering they provided at the Millenium lounge among other outlets. Assuming that one already has one or many flavors of elite status, the only thing that anyone would really care about here is the buggy service...............Having used the buggy service, I can say that they barely have enough of them, and they keep people waiting.......they can barely handle a half full KE Biz cabin, let alone a serious amount of passengers. I heard it through the grapevine that someone high up at IGA has been looking at these boards occasionally and presenting insights that he has found as his own brain storms....................So Mr. IGA, if you are reading.............. Come up with a good fast track and buggy deal that works for the ISt based road warrior who also travels with his family a few times a year, no "city transfers" no meaningful "valet parking", just stick with that and the "priorities". DO it at the first price point and you will have many takers...........